TOP 10 NEWS HEADLINES of 04.01.2015 only by Newstechcafe
1. According to Union Minister for Labour Bandaru Dattatreya the Centre is implementing a Rs.1,900 crore e-governance project called ‘Panch Deep’ to automate transactions of the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC). Under the project, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution would be installed across the country which will give a unique card to the employees and facilitate clearance of third party bills.
2. Joining Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Digital India programme, top lender ICICI Bank has launched its own 'digital village' project while adopting an entire village in Gujarat to provide services ranging from cashless banking to digitised school teaching.
3. The Government of India signed an agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for a $60 million loan that will help improve urban services, including water supply and urban transport infrastructure, in two key cities of Jammu and Kashmir (Srinagar and Jammu). This loan from the ADB's Ordinary Capital Resources has a 25-year term including a grace period of five years.
|TOP NEWS HEADLINES of 04 JANUARY 2015 | DAILY GK CAPSULE|
4. Chinese ambassador to North Korea Liu Hongcai and North Korea's vice sports minister, Son Kwang Ho, signed a sports exchange protocol for 2015 at the People's Culture Palace. The agreement included 18 sports exchange programmes covering football, shooting, judo and involved 585 people including coaches, athletes and physical educators from both countries.
5. India has emerged as the second largest foreign trading partner of Dubai after China in the first nine months of 2014. Figures released by Dubai Customs show that China was Dubai’s top foreign trade partner during this period, with a trade value of 34 billion dollars, up 27 per cent over the previous year. India followed next with the trade worth 21.78 billion dollar.
6. Amending rules for NBFCs with regard to their KYC exercise, the Reserve Bank relaxed the time limit. The rules have been eased due to practical difficulties and constraints in getting Know-Your-Customers (KYC) documents at frequent intervals. "Full KYC exercise will be required to be done at least every 2 years for high risk individuals and entities''.
7. BHEL will set up first Supercritical Thermal Power Plant in newly formed state of Telangana. The company has bagged contract worth Rs. 3,810 crore. The order is for setting up the 1x800 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Plant on EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) basis at Kothagudem in Khammam District of Telangana.
8. Kiran Bhai Vadodaria was elected as President of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) for 2014-15. He is the Chairman and Managing Director of Gujarati newspaper Sambhaav Metro. He succeeded Ravindra Kumar of The Statesman.
9. Amarprakash Developers, an eminent real estate developer in South Chennai has received two prestigious awards at the grand Award Distribution ceremony of All India Economy Survey Award Council. This is the first time at AIESAC awards that a Chennai based real estate developer receiving these awards for providing quality construction.
10. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, approved the infusion of Rs. 60 crore in Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) Ltd. to make it a Government company by way of acquisition of preference shares from existing share holder(s).