Current Affairs Update of 27 February 2015
Forbes released Asia’s 50 Power Business Women list 2015
- On 26th February 2015, Forbes released Asia’s 50 Power Business Women List for the year 2015. Six Indian Women successful to placed in the list. The six Indian Women are Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chanda Kochar, Akhila Srinivasan, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Shikha Sharma, Usha Sangwan.
Ratan Tata awarded with Doctorate of Automotive Engineering
- On 26th February 2015, Ratan Tata awarded with Doctorate of Automotive Engineering by Clemson University of South Carolina, USA.
Rail Budget presented by Government of India
- In the Rail Budget presented on 26th February 2015 by Government of India, the helpline No.182 announced to provide for security complaints and women safety.
- In the Rail Budget, the prices of 4 items are increased. The 4 items are Urea increased by 10%, Cement by 2.7%, Coal by 6.3% and Iron and Steel by 0.8%.
- The new scheme namely ‘Operation 5 Minutes’ announced in the Rail Budget. Under this scheme, passengers can buy the tickets with five minutes of entering the station.
- Advance booking limit increased by 60 days to 120 days.
- Moreover, Wi-Fi will be provided at B category stations.
Daily Current Affairs Update of 27 February 2015 | General Knowledge
Humayun Kabir expelled by TMC
- Humayun Kabir, the leader of Trinamool Congress Party expelled by the party on 26th February 2015 for controversial remarks on Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamta Banerjee.
Andhra Pradesh signed an agreement with Wipro
- Andhra Pradesh signed an agreement Wipro on 23rd February 2015 for building and implementing the Andhra Pradesh Enterprise Architecture programme.
Year of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- On 25th February 2015, the year 2015 declared as ‘Year of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients’ by the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. The Union Chemical and Fertilizers Minister is Ananth Kumar.