1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has revamped priority sector lending (PSL) norms. Now, loans to sectors such as social infrastructure, renewable energy and medium enterprises will also be treated as PSL. RBI has set the 40 per cent PSL target for domestic banks.
2. Loretta Lynch has been chosen as the new attorney general of America. She will replace Eric Holder. She will be the first African-American woman to ever serve as the nation's top law enforcement official. Senators voted 56-43 to confirm Lynch as attorney general.
3. World's largest telecom tower company Indus Towers announced to invest Rs. 260 crore on setting up 1,000 new telecom towers in Punjab and Haryana in the current fiscal. This will help in the development of both the states. According to Circle CEO of Indus Tower, Punjab and Haryana, Rajiv V, Indus Towers provides communication to more than 52 million wireless subscribers in the states.
4. Vishal Bhardwaj’s Shakespearean drama “Haider” emerged as a big winner at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) technical awards, after bagging six honours including costume designing for Dolly Ahluwalia. Bhardwaj won the best background score honour. The film’s other wins include sound mixing (Debajit Changmai), sound design (Shajith Koyeri), production design (Subrata Chakraborty and Amit Ray) and make-up (Preetisheel Singh and Clover Wootton). In this film Shahid Kapoor is the lead actor.
5. 37 year-old Indian-American Vivek Murthy was sworn-in as the U.S. Surgeon-General by Vice-President Joe Biden becoming the youngest-ever in-charge of the country’s public health. Dr. Murthy, who took the oath on the Gita, is now the highest ranking Indian-American in the Obama administration.
|25-April-2015 Daily Current Affairs Update for Bank and SSC Exam | General Knowledge|
6. A year after hosting the football World Cup and a year before staging the Summer Olympics, Brazil is set to stage a new international event -- the Indigenous Peoples World Games. The inaugural games will be held from Sept. 18-27 in Palmas in the northern state of Tocantins. Four thousand athletes of 22 countries will participate in this event.
7. World No.44 Achanta Sharath Kamal will spearhead the Indian challenge in the World Table Tennis Championship (WTTC) which will be held in Suzhou, China from April 26 to May 3. This year the WTTC will be for the individual events.
8. The Asia Africa Summit ended with leaders of Asia and Africa endorsing documents aimed at strengthening multilateral relationships between the two regions. The summit was organised in Indonesia's capital Jakarta. In the summit three key documents have been approved – the 2015 Bandung Message to Strengthen South-South Cooperation, the Declaration on Reinvigorating the New Asian African Strategic Partnership and the Declaration on Palestine.
9. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing of a shipping agreement between India and Jordan. The agreement aims at strengthening cooperation and providing sustained mutual assistance on merchant shipping and other related maritime matters.
10. Global Accounting company KPMG elected company veteran Lynne Doughtie as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman. She is the first women to be elected to this position. She was elected by KPMG partners for a five-year term which will start in July 2015. She will succeed John Veihmeyer.Content Credit :- Bankersguru