Daily Current Affairs Update of 1 April 2015 | General Knowledge1. North India's leading industrialist S.C. Ralhan has been elected president of the Federation of Indian Exporters Organisation (FIEO) — the biggest government recognized national exporters' body of the country. He was earlier the regional chairman (northern region) of the federation from 2013. Ralhan is one of the leading exporters in North India with an experience of over four decades. He represents the hand tools sector.
2. Russia became the latest country to announce it would join the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), to be based in Beijing. Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov made the announcement at an international forum in China.
3. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) became the largest political party in the world with number of its registered members crossing the figure of 8.8 crore. It overtook Communist Party of China in sheer numbers. The BJP claimed that the total number of members for China’s ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) stood at 8.6 crore while BJP’s strength stood at over 8.8 crore.
|Daily Current Affairs Update of 1 April 2015 | General Knowledge|
5. Freedom fighter and educationist, Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya was conferred the highest civilian award of the country Bharat Ratna (posthumous). His family members received the award from President Pranab Mukherjee at a function in the Ashoka hall of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
6. Indian men's hockey team captain Sardar Singh and former skipper of the national women's side Saba Anjum were conferred with the prestigious Padma Shri Award by President Pranab Mukherjee at a glittering ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan. Both Sardar as well as Saba received the Arjuna Award in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
7. Film actress and local Member of Parliament Hema Malini launched Uttar Pradesh's first water dispensing ATM at Sonkh town in Mathura district. The water ATM attached to a Reverse Osmosis (RO) plant will provide safe drinking water at Rs.2 per 20 litres. However, children will get free water.
8. Virbhadra Singh, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh launched part one of e-Vidhan Mobile apps. The app could be accessed by all the members 45 minutes before the question hours on android and tablets having information about the day business. With this launch, Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha became the first state assembly in the country to launch e-Vidhan Mobile apps. This e-Vidhan system will help the state to save about 8 crore rupees per annum that is spent on the paper.
9. Hockey India conferred Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award on legendary Balbir Singh Senior. He has been a member of the three time Olympic Gold Medal winning team. As an award, he received a trophy and a cash prize of 30 lakh rupees.
10. Daniel Vettori, the cricketer of New Zealand retired from all forms of International Cricket. The veteran spinner officially announced his retirement after the final match of the 2015 Cricket World Cup.