Daily Current Affairs Update of 7 April 2015 | General Knowledge1. China has agreed to work with India to link its ambitious Maritime Silk Road plan with India's 'Mausam' project in a bid to address New Delhi's strategic concerns and derive "common benefits".
2. Sania Mirza achieved yet another career milestone by capturing her 25th WTA doubles title as the Indian ace continued her dream start with Martina Hingis to win the Miami Open trophy. The top seeded Indo-Swiss pair defeated second seeded Russian team of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina with a 7-5 6-1 scoreline. While American Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan pair has won the 2015 Miami Open Men’s doubles Title. In the final match they defeated Vasek Pospisil (Canada) and Jack Sock (US) pair by 6–3, 1–6, 10–8 score.
3. PepsiCo India commissioned first phase of India's largest beverage plant at Sri City (Andhra Pradesh). The plant is a planned integrated township located 55 km North of Tamil Nadu capital Chennai. It’s a manufacturing hub comprising a special economic zone (SEZ) of 2,700 acres.
|Daily Current Affairs Update of 7 April 2015 | General Knowledge|
5. Pedro Cateriano sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Peru. He replaced Ana Jara, who was thrown out of office by Congress on corruption charges. Pedro Cateriano was till now country’s Defence Minister. He was named as the new Prime Minister by President Ollanta Humala.
6. India’s first chess grandmaster, Vishwanathan Anand has been granted the honor of having a minor planet named after him. With this privilege, Anand joins former world chess champions Alexander Alekhine and Anatoly Karpov who have had a similar honour bestowed on them. The minor planet, now known as ‘4538 Vishyanand’, was previously identified as planet 4538 and is located somewhere between the planets of Mars and Jupiter.
7. West Bengal and Bihar Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi took additional charge of Mizoram. He was sworn in as 16th Governor of Mizoram. Justice Michael Zothankhuma of the Gauhati High Court administered oath of office to him at Raj Bhavan in Aizawl.
8. Sim Bhullar has become the first player of Indian origin to feature in a National Basketball Association (NBA) team of US. Sim Bhullar is a Canadian professional basketball player of Indian origin who signed a 10-day contract with the Sacramento Kings NBA team to become the first player of Indian descent to be on an NBA team’s regular season roster.
9. Renowned Hindi poet Kailash Vajpeyi passed away following a cardiac arrest. 79-year-old Vajpeyi was awarded with Sahitya Akademi award in 2009 for his work Hawa mein hastakshar (Signature in the air).
10. Union Ministry of Urban Development’s assessment of Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) implementation has been released in which Gujarat is the top performing state/Union Territory (UT) for 2014-15 financial year. Gujarat constructed 60% of the household toilets built in the entire country.