Daily Current Affairs of 28-29,June,2015
- Same sex marriage declared legal in United States of America on 25th June 2015. The Supreme Court of USA declared it the fundamental right for the people.
- Hemis Festival of Ladakh began on 26th June 2015. The festival celebrated on the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava. Moreover, Spituk Gustor and Dosmochey festivals are main festivals of Ladakh region.
- Ambubachi festival of Assam concluded on 26th June 2015 at Kamakhaya Devi Temple, Guwahati, Assam.
- International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking observed in all over the World on 26th June 2015 under the theme of ‘Let’s Develop our Lives, our Communities, our identities without Drugs’.
|Daily Current Affairs of 28-29,June,2015 for Bank,TET,Railway and SSC Exams|
- Leander Paes became 47th player to join 100 partners club on ATP Circuit on 24th June 2015. Leander Paes with his partner Mahesh Bhupathi won 8 men’s double Grand Slam titles.
- Anshula Kant appointed as Deputy Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer of State Bank of India on 25th June 2015 succeeded by P.K. Gupta.
- Topalov won Norway Chess Championship for the year 2015 after defeating Vishwanathan Anand on 26th June 2015.
- Satnam Singh Bhamara scripted history by becoming the first Indian basketball player to be drafted in America's prestigious National Basketball Association (NBA)
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, gave its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) and the Japan Patent Office (JPO), Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan.
- Veteran singer Asha Bhosle has been declared the greatest Bollywood playback artist of all times by the U.K. based Eastern Eye newspaper.
- State Bank of India announced the appointment of Anshula Kant as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Private sector lender Axis Bank has launched an EMV-chip-based debit card called ‘Secure+’ that offers multiple security features, including fraud protection and wallet protection.
- India's legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar has been voted the 'Best Test player' of the 21st century in an online poll conducted by Cricket Australia's website.
- As many as 11 Indian companies including Avanti Feeds Ltd and Borosil Glass Works are ranked among top 200 Asia Pacific corporations in Forbes Asia's 'Best Under A Billion' list.