Daily Current Affairs Update of 13,June,20151. AP launches ‘Mee Bhoomi’ digital depository of land records
- i. The Andhra Pradesh government has launched `Mee Bhoomi', a digital depository of land records.The portal, http://meebhoomi.ap.gov.in/, makes all land details along with Adangal/Pahani and 1-B details, available to the people.
- ii. It also lists details of land owners, area, assessment, water source, soil type, nature of possession of the land, liabilities, tenancy, and crops grown. One can also view individual/ village adangal and 1B details on the website.
- iii. Besides the survey number or pattadar number, it also gives the option of entering the Aadhaar card number to view land details. Users can also search for their field measurement book (F.M.B) on the website. The details of any transactions will also be updated on the website.
- iv. With respect to grievances related to land, people can register a complaint at the closest Mee-Seva centre, which will process the same within 15 days.Making the portal mobile-friendly, the government has also launched an Android app.
2. RBI allows FII buying in Kaveri Seed
|Daily Current Affairs Update of 13,June,2015 for Bank,SSC,TET,RLY Exam|
- i. The stock of Kaveri Seed Company will see some buying interest on Monday, as the Reserve Bank of India on Friday said foreign portfolio investors could now invest up to 49 per cent of the company’s equity base.
- ii. The RBI decision follows foreign investor shareholding falling below the revised threshold limit. According to exchange data, at the end of March 2015, FIIs held 22.26 per cent stake in the seed major.
3. Dick Costolo resigned as CEO of Twitter Inc
- i. Dick Costolo on 11 June 2015 resigned as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Twitter Inc after serving the company for five years. Costolo will demit the office of CEO on 1 July 2015.
- ii. Twitter co-founder and Square Inc's CEO Jack Dorsey will take over as the Interim CEO of the company on 1 July 2015 and will stay until a replacement is found.
- iii. Costolo joined the company in 2009 as its Chief Operating Officer. In 2013, he helped the company to go public and recently he struggled to attract new users to the service.
4. 50-lakh penalty on Future Generali
- i. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has imposed a penalty of 50 lakh on Future Generali Life Insurance Company.
- ii. The regulator, which had examined 34 charges on a variety of aspects related to business, said the company had violated many norms, including not settling ‘huge’ number of claims in respect of the group insurance schemes, continuation of corporate agency even after expiry of licence, use of unlicensed entities for procuring business and distribution of gift vouchers procured from Big Bazar, one of the group companies.
- iii. It has been asked to pay the penalty within 15 days, according to an order issued by IRDAI Chairman TS Vijayan.
5. Wes Hall inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- i. Former West Indies fast bowler Wes Hall was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame during the lunch break on the opening day of the Sabina Park Test between West Indies and Australia.
- ii. He became the fourth cricketer to receive the honour this year after Betty Wilson, Anil Kumble and Martin Crowe.Hall, 77, received his commemorative cap from fellow Hall of Famer Courtney Walsh, and is now the 18th cricketer from the Caribbean to be bestowed with the award.
- iii. Hall, who played 48 Tests for West Indies between 1958 and 1969, said he was "privileged" and "honoured" to receive the award which put him in the company of the "many greats of the game"
6. China launches freight train service connecting Europe
- i. China today launched a freight train service between its northeastern city of Harbin and Europe, opening a new trade route to Europe covering a distance of nearly 10,000 kms.
- ii. The train left Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang province, carrying 49 containers of domestic goods such as electronic products and auto parts worth US$ three million from northeast and north China, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
7. In Haryana village, contest of selfies with daughter to save girl child
- i. Haryana's Bibipur village, which wants The Women's World' added to its name, has now come out
- with a unique idea to continue its efforts to create gender-neutral atmosphere in the state.
- ii. The village panchyat has decided to organize a best selfie with daughters' contest to honour the winning family with a trophy, certificate and Rs 2,100 as cash prize.
- iii. The panchayat has invited parents to send their selfies to the village sarpanch on WhatsApp by June 17 while the winner family would be announced after two days.
- iv. Village sarpnach Sunil Jaglan said they that had already received more than 120 entries in past four days after they announced the contest.
8. Utility bills valid proof of address to open account: RBI
- i. Bills for postpaid mobile service, piped gas and water supply can now be submitted as proof of address for opening account with banks or other financial institutions, the Reserve Bank said today.
- ii. Utility bill which is not more than two months old of any service provider (electricity, telephone, postpaid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill) for the limited purpose of proof of address are deemed to be Officially Valid Documents (OVDs) under 'simplified measures.