1. NITI Aayog has constituted an expert panel to suggest ways to promote innovation and entrepreneur friendly ecosystem for pushing job growth. The group will also workout the detailed contours of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self-Employment & Talent Utilisation (SETU). The Expert Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Prof. Tarun Khanna, Director, South Asia Institute, Harvard University and Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor, Harvard Business School, USA.
2. 10-year-old Shubham Jaglan created history by winning the International Junior Golf Academy World Stars event in Las Vegas. He brought home a score of 106 in three rounds to win by five strokes, ahead of two Americans Justin Dang and Sihan Sandhu and Thailand's Pongsapak Laopakdee for the Boys 9-10 years category title at the Angel Park. Less than a week back, the son of a milkman from rural Haryana, scripted a scintillating one-stroke win at the Junior World Golf Championships being played at Welk Resort Fountain Course in California.
3. The hunt for India's most desirable man by country's oldest and most prestigious pageant for men came to its end with Rohit Khandewal from Hyderabad being announced Provogue Personal Care Mr India 2015. Rohit Khandewal from Hyderabad was announced Mr India 2015 winner, Rahul Rajasekharan from Bangalore was announced 1st Runner up and Prateek Gujaral from Mumbai was announced 2nd Runner up.
4. China announced to provide cash assistance of $10 million to help quake-ravaged Nepal in its reconstruction process. Nepal and China signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on this following a bilateral meeting on Post Disaster Reconstruction Plan at Nepal's finance ministry.
5. First All Women Trans Continental Road Expedition from Delhi to London was flagged off. The expedition, which started from Major Dhyanchand Stadium of New Delhi, was flagged off by Union Minister of Chemical and Fertilizers, Ananth Kumar and Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal. The three woman participants, namely Nidhi Tiwari, Rashmi Koppar and Soumaya Goel, will reach United Kingdom in 55 days.
|25 July 2015 Current Affair Updates Download | Daily GK Updates|
6. Puducherry became the first city to send its nomination for the “Smart City” mission as the Union Territory of Puducherry nominated its capital city for inclusion in this ambitious project. Puducherry which has a population of 6,57,209 has done well in respect of several Stage-1 evaluation criteria and scored 75 of the possible 100 marks.
7. India climbed up a rung to occupy the eighth spot in the men's section, while the eves remained static at 13th position in the latest International Hockey Federation (FIH) rankings issued. The FIH released the latest world rankings following the completion of four events comprising the Hockey World League Semi-Finals in Buenos Aires and Antwerp (men); Valencia and Antwerp (women). World Cup holders Australia men and the Netherlands women remain at the top of the chart.
8. Pulitzer winning Indian-born American doctor Siddhartha Mukherjee has been nominated for an Emmy Award for the documentary series on cancer based on his book 'The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer'. The six-hour programme based and titled after Mukherjee's Pulitzer Prize-winning 2010 book Produced and co-written by US filmmaker Ken Burns, the documentary titled "Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies" is a six-hour series for American TV channel PBS and is based on Mukherjee's book.
9. Ravi Kailas, Chairman and CEO, Mytrah Energy, was named the ‘Wind Power Person of the year 2015’ at the 3rd World Renewable Energy Conference in New Delhi. The award was conferred on him by the Renewable Energy Expert Committee headed by Dr. Praveen Saxena, Former Advisor, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy.
10. Pakistan will buy eight submarines from China in a multi-billion dollar deal that will boost Pakistani navy's maritime capabilities. An agreement was reached during a meeting between Pakistan Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Xu Ziqin, President of state-owned China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Company Limited (SCOC)-- the trade arm of China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation. The two sides in-principle agreed on the sale of eight submarines that China will provide to Pakistan Navy.