1. United States lifted the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015 for the third time. In the finals played at Vancouver, Canada, USA scored 4 goals in the first 16 minutes to dethrone Japan, 5-2 and win their first World Cup since 1999. England defeated Germany, 1-0 to finish third.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on his six-nation tour to attend the BRICS summit in Russia and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). Modi will visit five Central Asian nations--Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to deepen strategic relations and energy cooperation. He is scheduled to travel from July 6 to 13 to five Central Asian countries and Russia where he will attend the summits of BRICS and SCO.
|Daily GK 7th July 2015 Updates |Current Affair Download|
3. Corporation Bank has become the first bank to launch the MUDRA Card. Hasmukh Adhia, secretary, department of financial services, union ministry of finance launched the first MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) card under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) for small entrepreneurs. Mudra Card based on the RuPay platform. PMMY aims to fund micro units in manufacturing, trading and services sectors with affordable credit upto Rs. 10 lakh.
4. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain won the 2015 Formula 1 British Grand Prix title by winning the final race held at the Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, England. This is his second consecutive British Grand Prix title win. While his teammate Nico Rosberg stood second, Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel came at the third position. Both the drivers belong to Germany.
5. Chile created history by winning the Copa America tournament for 2015, football's most prestigious competition, organised in South America. The host team defeated the much-fancied Argentina by 4-1 on penalties to win the tournament in the finals played at Santiago. This was the first Copa America title for Chile. Chile had reached Copa America finals four times (1955, 1956, 1979 and 1987) times without winning the tournament. Peru finished at third place in Copa America 2015.
6. India won the South Asian Basketball (SABA) Championship title. In the final of the 4th edition of the championship played at the Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India defeated Sri Lanka 93-44. India was also the winner of third SABA Championship. With this win, India qualified for the FIBA Asia Championship in China. FIBA Asia Championship will be played in September 2015.
7. Reserve Bank of India prohibited the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in manufacturing of tobacco products, though activities such as retail and wholesale trading fall under the sectoral restrictions. According to RBI notification Foreign direct investment (FDI) is prohibited in the manufacturing of cigars, cheroots, cigarillos and cigarettes of tobacco or of tobacco substitutes. Foreign direct investment in other activities relating to these products including wholesale cash and carry, retail trading shall be governed by the sectoral restrictions laid down in the FDI policy.
8. Hyderabad House, Vigyan Bhawan and Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan have topped the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (SBA) ratings, leaving behind 49 government buildings including Rashtrapati Bhawan in the capital that were screened for overall cleanliness. The three buildings scored 20 points each while Rashtrapati Bhawan and South Block were ranked 6th with 14 points each. The survey was conducted by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD).
9. Renowned Urdu novelist from Pakistan Abdullah Hussain died in Lahore after battling with blood cancer. He was 84. He authored the bestseller and critically acclaimed novel Udas Naslain, it is considered as a masterpiece of Urdu literature. His other famous works are Baagh, Faraib and Nashaib.
10. China unveiled an “Internet Plus” scheme, aiming to integrate the Internet with traditional industries and fuel economic growth. China’s “Internet Plus” action plan will integrate mobile Internet, cloud computing, big data with modern manufacturing, to encourage the healthy development of e-commerce, industrial networks, and Internet banking, and to help Internet companies increase their international presence.