1. Shweta Rathore became the first Indian female bodybuilder to win a silver medal in the 49th Asian Bodybuilding Championship held in Uzbekistan.
2. Renowned Malayalam filmmaker Irruppam Veedu Sasidaran, popularly known as I.V. Sasi was awarded with the J.C. Daniel Award for the year 2014 for his contribution towards the Malayalam entertainment industry. Sasi has made over 150 Indian films in various languages and genres. However, he is mostly known for his South Indian films.
3. Indian government signed a deal, worth 105.5 crore rupees, with Pipistrel, a Slovenian firm, for 194 micro-light aircraft named 'Virus SW 80/100' to be used by Indian Air Force, the Navy and the National Cadet Corps. However, the Indian version of the aircraft will be renamed as Garud.
4. Punjab National Bank (PNB) claimed the Beighton Cup hockey tournament at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) ground in Kolkata. PNB defeated Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
|14 October 2015 Current Affair Updates |Daily GK Download|
5. ICICI Bank has launched 'Money2World,' a fully online outward remittance service for resident Indians. With this, non-account holders of ICICI Bank can now transfer money online from any bank account in India to any bank account overseas in 16 major currencies, in a "convenient and fully secure" manner. It is a first-of-its-kind service by any bank in India. Users can remit up to an equivalent of $25000 in a financial year through this online platform.
6. The President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina, announced that the AfDB would triple its annual climate financing to reach 5 billion dollar a year by 2020.
7. Iran has successfully test-fired a new indegenously built precision-guided, long-range missile. The Emad (Pillar) surface-to-surface missile is the country's first long-range missile that can be precision-guided until it reaches its target.
8. The third India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise, named 'Mitra Shakti-2015', culminated at Aundh Military Camp, Pune. The 14-day joint training included understanding of transnational terrorism, developing interoperability and conduct of joint tactical operations controlled by a Joint Command Post.
9. The fifth Indo-China joint military training exercise “Hand-in-Hand” commenced at Kunming, China. The purpose of this exercise is to enhance mutual cooperation between the two armies.
10. Finance Ministers of 20 nations vulnerable to climate change launched the V20 Group. The Group was launched during the annual meeting of International Monetary Fund and World Bank in Lima, Peru. The Group aims to pool resources for their fight against the impact of global warming and is a counterpoint to the G20 group of leading industrialised and emerging economies.