1. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has made it mandatory for telecom operators to compensate consumers by one rupee for call drops with effect from 1st January 2016. The compensation will, however, be limited to three dropped calls in a day.
2. Pakistan and Russia signed a major agreement to build a 1,100-kilometre gas pipeline from Lahore to Karachi at an estimated cost of $2 billion. Russia will invest $2 billion in the project, the first phase of which is expected to conclude by December 2017.
3. M.K. Surana has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL), India's third largest oil marketing company. He will replace Nishi Vasudeva on her retirement at the end of March 2016.
4. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched the “My Brick My Amaravati” scheme so as to financially assist in the huge task of establishing the new capital 'Amaravati' for the state. Under this initiative, a person can contribute Rs.10 per digital e-brick online and have his or her name engraved on it.
5. Unified Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) candidate Onsari Gharti Magar was unanimously elected as the House speaker of Nepal. With this, Onsari Gharti became the first female Speaker in the parliamentary history of Nepal.
6. World Food Day (WFD) was celebrated on 16th October all over the world. The theme of World Food Day 2015 was ‘Social Protection and Agriculture’.
7. The Northern India Textile Research Association (NITRA) under textiles ministry has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Technological University of Tajikistan to give a boost to bilateral trade between the two countries. The MoU is aimed at forging close links between the two countries to promote textile enterprises in Tajikistan.
8. Real estate developer Tata Housing partnered with social networking firm Facebook to sell its affordable homes online. For this Tata Housing has launched a new campaign titled ‘Social sell’ on Facebook. Through this new campaign the company plans to sell around 250 units of its new five-acre residential project in Goa called Codename —Goa Paradise.
9. FIFA suspended the Kuwait Football Association (KFA). The suspension will be lifted only when the KFA and its members (the clubs) are able to carry out their activities and obligations independently. As a result of this decision, no team from Kuwait of any sort (including clubs) can have any international sporting contact (art. 14).