2. Reliance Industries Limited became the first corporate company to sign the revised listing agreement with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) as mandated under the newly introduced Listing Regulation notified by SEBI. With the signing of the agreement with BSE, RIL is the first listed company to conform to SEBI norms.
3. Indian film director-screenwriter Pan Nalin’s movie “Angry Indian Goddesses” has bagged the BNL People’s Choice Award at the 10th Rome Film Festival. The film is described as a fresh and unbridled portrayal of women in India.
4. Union Government has included a new tax, Sin Tax under the proposed Goods and Services Tax (GST) law that will be effective from 1 April 2016 under which the companies which manufacture harmful products like alcohol and tobacco will have to give additional Sin Tax. Sin tax is an excise tax levied on products and services like alcohol, tobacco and gambling considered bad for health or society. These additional taxes are also seen as efforts to discourage people from use of such products or services.
5. Indian-American farmer manager Anita Adalja is among 12 individuals from across the country who have been awarded as White House Champions of Change Award for Sustainable and Climate-Smart Agriculture. She has been honored for her exemplary leadership and innovation in agricultural production and education.
|28 October 2015 Current Affair Updates |Daily GK Download|
6. Emily Kristine Pedersen of Denmark won the Hero Women’s Indian Open 2015 at the DLF Golf and Country Club in Gurgaon, Haryana. It was her maiden European Tour title. She beat the trio of Cheyenne Woods, Becky Morgan and Malene Jorgensen. While amateur golfer Aditi Ashok was the best Indian performer, who tied at the 13th position, Vani Kapoor, finished tied 20th, was adjudged as the best Indian professional at the tournament.
7. Hockey India (HI) announced Hockey Coorg of Karnataka as its new member. Karnataka will now boast of two member units with Hockey India introducing Hockey Coorg as an Associate Member unit from the state while Hockey Karnataka already operates as a Permanent Member unit.
8. India’s elite disaster mitigation combat force, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) tied up with about 30 Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in order to develop mutual understanding and enhance capabilities to jointly tackle man-made or natural emergencies.
9. China successfully launched the Tianhui-1C mapping satellite into its designated orbit from Jiuquan satellite launch centre in the north-western province of Gansu. A Long March-2D carrier rocket carried the Tianhui-1C mapping satellite blasts off from the launch pad. The satellite will offer a boost to country's ability to carry out scientific experiments, land resource surveys, mapping, crop yield estimation and disaster relief.
10. Comedian-turned-politician Jimmy Morales elected as President of Guatemala. He won with 70 percent of votes.